Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Soft Tacos

Soft tacos/burritos are my go to meal when I am lazy to cook but still want a great tasting meal. I love hard tacos but I don't like the packaged shells for some reason. My husband lovessss soft tacos so this recipe is loved at our house. I say taco/burritos cuz I wrap it like a burrito. LOL!! Because I don't want none of the goodness to fall out aha!


Things that I used:

- Taco Bell Seasoning Mix (Not in picture)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- Shreaded cheese (I used mild cheeder)
- 1/4 of a large lettuce
-1 large tomato
- sour cream
- Chi Chi Tortillia
- Salsa (Not in picture)
- 1/4 onion chopped (optional)
 
First thing that you will have to do is ground your beef. Growing up my mother told me that when cooking ground beef to add garlic and onion. Of course adding garlic to this recipe would change the taste so I just added onion. Plus I LOVE ONIONS!!!
 
After you have browned your beef and drained it you add the Taco Bell Seasoning Mix and 3/4 cups of water. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
 

After 10 minutes of simmering it should look like this. There shouldn't be any water left. It smells so good!


I always warm up my tortilla for 20 seconds in the microwave to get it all soft and easy to wrap. You build your taco however you want. I did beef, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and sour cream! Oh so yummy.
 

I wrap mines like a burrito LOL so should I change my title to a Quick & Easy Burrito Style Taco? Haha!! I had put my salsa on the side!!!


DINNER IS SERVED!


I took a couple bites and I am full. It's so filling that it was hard for me to finish 1 taco burrito HAHA! Hope y'all enjoy this quick recipe!!! Come visit me for more tasty delicious recipes.

xoxo,
Crisel


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment