Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lemon Chicken

Living in Hawaii, when I hear lemon chicken I automatically think of L&L's. Oh how I miss L&L's. They way they prepare it is different. I think they use deboned chicken w/skin thats flattened. This is my cheat version of it. I always tend to find ways to make it simple and faster but taste ALMOST alike.

The one thing I love bout lemon chicken from L&L's is how they have the sauce on the side and I love the sauce all over my rice, mac salad and of course chicken. My younger brother can't eat it like that. He needs to dip each chicken. YUCK. I like to have mines allllllll soaked up with goodness. LOL. 

So here is my cheat way of making L&L's Lemon Chicken.
 


Things you will need:

- 10 to 12 pieces of chicken breast tenders
- 1 Egg
- 2 pkgs of Mr. Lums Lemon Chicken Sauce
- Oil for frying
- Cornstarch for dusting chicken
 
NOT IN PICTURE
- pepper
- Lawry's season salt
 
The first thing I did was get your pan of oil for deep frying warmed up. Make sure it's hot enough but not too hot where you burn your chicken on the outside but not cooked all the way inside. I had my stovetop at medium-high. And also rinse and clean chicken before anything else!!!
 

Next get a big bowl and crack the egg. Seasoned it with pepper and Lawry's season salt. Add the chicken and let it soak for 5 to 10 mins while the oil is getting heated up.
 
 

Get your constarch ready. I don't know how much I use. I just normally put it on a paper plate. Just eyeball it more or less based on how many chicken you are using. Dip chicken.



Once oil is good and ready...Place chicken in. I put about 4 pieces in. You don't want to overcrowd your chicken. You want them to cook evenly. Cook it til it is light brown or golden color.



It should look like this. Drain them on a paper towl lined paper plate =) Whooa, try saying that 5 times LOL. Once all the chicken are fried up and on the paper plate empty out the oil in the pan, wash it, and put it back on the stove. Heat up bout 2 Tbs of oil for the sauce.


Add the 2 pkgs of the lemon chicken sauce to the heated 2 Tbs of oil. It should look like this.


Once heated add the chicken tenders. Ohhhh looks so yummyyyy!!
 
 
Mix chicken and sauce til well coated. The chicken should soak up the sauce. If you like it saucey, use 3 pkgs of that lemon chicken sauce.
 

DINNER IS SERVED!!

Always served w/2 scoops rice and 1 scoop mac salad!!! Hope you guys found this recipe simple and easy to do. Again, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to comment me and I will get back to you asap. ENJOY.

xoxo,
Crisel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment